Souvik is a qualified lawyer and has practiced for more than 19 years in the field of mergers and acquisitions (which includes domestic and cross-border transactions). Currently, Souvik is the Managing Partner of Acuity Law.
Souvik assists clients in identifying potential strategic and financial opportunities in India and advises clients on various matters on Indian legal, taxation and regulatory issues.
Souvik has dealt in intricate sectors like aviation, steel, energy, pharmaceuticals, roads, automotive, information technology, hospitality, advertising, insurance and media.
Souvik was called to the Bar in the year 2001 and qualified as a solicitor of England and Wales in the year 2005. Souvik also has a masters’ degree in law from University College, London
Mr Oshiyama has over 30 years of experience in a wide variety range of industries such as consumer products and industrial chemicals and is extremely well connected with numerous stakeholders in the consumer industry. Mr Oshiyama has extensive experience in corporate planning, business development, managing teams and advising companies on corporate issues and policies. He specializes in:
– Corporate strategy
– New business development including M&A execution and PMI management
– Designing/ building corporate infrastructure for cost efficiency and better management
Mr Oshiyama’s role also includes supporting start-ups and listed companies on corporate issues such as strategy, globalization, and technology. He has deep experience in business development and management in both Japan and overseas markets such as Taiwan, Korea, India, Brazil, UK, France, Mexico and USA.
Mr Oshiyama holds an MS and BS in Textile and Polymer Technology from Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology.
Mr. Masayuki Matsuda has over 30 years of experience in the automotive industry and is very widely connected in the Japanese and international automotive markets. He was a Director at a leading Japanese manufacturing company having top market share for automobiles and two-wheel hoses at a global level. He also has cross-border business experience in business development and management in Japan and overseas. He specializes in:
– Corporate strategy and planning
– New business development
– Advisory services
His achievements include:
– Launching a joint venture in Indonesia in the year 2012;
– Business acquisitions in Spain in the year 2018; and
– Business investment and joint venture launching in India in the year 2019
In addition, he has extensive experience in technology licensing such as strategic planning and implementation in various countries, including Japan and Korea.
He holds an engineering degree from Kansai University.
Mr. Bagchi has been an ‘Access to Finance’ policy expert as also a practitioner and has worked across various geographies in multiple organizations with professional track of more than 27 years spanning across institutions like SIDBI, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), and National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Ltd- NCGTC a Govt. of India (Ministry of Finance) organization.
Major part of his professional career was spent at SIDBI where he had been part of various institutional interventions and MSME development programs both at the policy level and ground level implementation in various industrial clusters across the country.
He has been a key expert engaged in designing and implementing multiple credit guarantee /financial inclusion programs for the Government of India.
After spending more than 23 years with SIDBI, in the year 2019, Mr. Bagchi cofounded his own Impact Advisory firm (KM FINPRO Consultancy – “KMF” http://kmfinpro.com/ ). Presently he advises Development Finance Institutions, Banks and Multi-lateral agencies in India and abroad. Recently he has been inducted as a Domain Expert on the Policy level Committee formed by the Government of India (Department of Agriculture & Farmer’s Welfare) & NABARD for the Credit Guarantee Scheme for FPO Financing under the Central Sector Scheme for promotion and formation of 10,000 FPOs.
A post graduate in Economics from Calcutta University, he started his career as a business research journalist at Television Bazar, a Business Media House from the Ananda Bazar Group.
Debasish has more than 30 years of experience as a management professional. He has worked with several UN organizations, international development agencies and government entities to promote industrial and socially relevant projects in India and abroad. He presently serves as the Regional Director of ICDImpact, an impact consulting organization based in Vienna.
As an investment promotion advisor, he has collaborated with foreign investment desks of several countries, corporate houses, industry bodies and international trade promotion agencies to catalyse business within India and support economic and business development of multiple stakeholders across borders. He has held leadership positions to implement Investment Promotion campaigns for the State and Central Government in consultation with bodies like CII, FICCI, ICC, Assocham, SIAM, ACMA, CLRI, MCCI, World Trade Centre, JETRO, JICA, KOTRA and UKTI.
As a strong champion of entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship in particular, he dedicates time to mentor the youth as a nominated Mentor of Change for Atal Innovation Mission, mentor of the Entrepreneurship Cell, IIT Kharagpur, KIIT – Technology Business Incubator, Startup Odisha, Bridge For Billions, Spain and CII Utkal University.
Debasish has earned his bachelor’s degree in Physics and a masters diploma in Marketing Management from Poona University, followed by a MBA in HR from the University of Madras. He has successfully completed several industry specific courses and certifications from the World Bank Institute and XIM, Bhubaneswar.
- Was Head of Communications & Outreach strategy for the UNIDO Investment Promotion (Technical Assistance) Program, Government of Odisha.
- Anchored & facilitated the strategic alliance forged between the International Solar Alliance (ISA), which is an inter-governmental body of 121 countries, and the Regions of Climate Action (R20) which is a NGO promoted by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, working to deliver sustainable climate change solutions for the planet.
- Advised and supported the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) to forge a technical partnership with the International Solar Alliance (ISA) through a joint declaration to work together to develop and promote solar projects in select geographies globally.
- Was a key team member of the Consolidated MSME Development Program rolled out in partnership with the Department of MSME, Government of India. The focus was on developing the leather clusters in Chennai as well as the auto component manufacturing clusters in Chennai & Pune. The program was implemented by UNIDO with the financial assistance of the Government of Italy.